NeoTapLS is now available for free download on Google Play and App Store
NeoTap LS- Life Support
– is for health staff delivering babies and performing neonatal resuscitation in both high- and low income countries. Our aim is to improve adherence to guidelines, decrease risk of asphyxia and improve registration and decision-making at the time around birth.
The applications gives you:
- Prepare for birth- checklist for tools important to neonatal resuscitation.
- Oral and written messages guiding trough the resuscitation.
- Instructional videos
- Visual time progress bar.
- Heart Rate and Breathing Rate registration within 10-15 seconds after birth, colour-coded according to Helping Babies Breath guidelines.
- NeoPacer- pacing the ventilation rhythm by sound, visual feedback and vibration.
- Breathing Rate
- Pop-up messenges on important aspects of neonatal resuscitation.
- iOS integration
- Tracking of vital events
- Identification of danger signs
- Automated Apgar score calculation
- Tutorials on the cornerstones of neonatal resuscitation, written and audio:
- prepare for birth
- the art of resuscitation
The Tap4Life team do research on their products to assess the quality of the products and the feasibility. We publish our results in peer-reviewed academic journals.
NeoTapLS is a project to create an mHealth tool for android and iOS platform for users performing newborn resuscitation in low resource settings where adequate equipement is scarce or non-excisting. NeoTapLS is based on a screen-tapping method and necessitates no probes to be attached to the baby. A first prototyp was developed with a grant from SLL innovation in 2014. With further funding we could finish the first step of the development.
NeoTapLS is now available for free download on Google Play and App Store.
Health workers worldwide with a smartphone now have access to the software for free download on Google play and App Store. The interface is designed to be visible even if a latex glove protects the phone. Health workers today carry their own mobile devices also in low resource settings. Global multi-platform download makes NeoTapLS available for free and help saving lives even in the most remote and ill-equipped areas.
We are now looking for funding to further develop NeoTap LS.
The new version will have:
- Added language support in Spanish, Portuguese and French
- Voice control of timer start and ventilation support
Life Support – for Android and iOS:
DOWNLOAD APP HERE