NeoTap LS- Life Support
– is for health staff delivering babies and performing neonatal resuscitation in both high- and low income countries (for Android). Our aim is to improve adherence to guidelines, decrease risk of asphyxia and improve registration and decision-making at the time around birth.
The applications gives you:
- Prepare for birth- checklist for tools important to neonatal resuscitation.
- Visual time progress bar.
- Heart Rate registration within 10-15 seconds after birth, colour-coded according to Helping Babies Breath guidelines.
- NeoPacer- pacing the ventilation rhythm by visual feedback and vibration.
- Breathing Rate
- Pop-up messenges on important aspects of neonatal resuscitation.
- Tutorials on the cornerstones of neonatal resuscitation, written and audio:
- prepare for birth
- the art of resuscitation
The Tap4Life team do research on their products to assess the quality of the products and the feasibility. We publish our results in peer-reviewed academic journals.
NeoTapLS is a project to create an mHealth tool for android platform for users performing newborn resuscitation in low resource settings where adequate equipement is scarce or non-excisting. NeoTapLS is based on a screen-tapping method and necessitates no probes to be attached to the baby. A first prototyp was developed with a grant from SLL innovation in 2014. With further funding we could finish the first step of the development.
NeoTapLS is now available for free download on Google Play.
Health workers worldwide with a smartphone now have access to the software for free download on Google play. The interface is designed to be visible even if a latex glove protects the phone. Health workers today carry their own mobile devices also in low resource settings. Global multi-platform download makes NeoTapLS available for free and help saving lives even in the most remote and ill-equipped areas.
We are now looking for funding to further develop NeoTap LS.
The new version will have:
- Added language support in Spanish, Portuguese and French
- iOS integration
- Checklist for identification of danger signs
- Instructional videos
- Automated Apgar score calculation
- Tracking of vital events
- Voice control of timer start and ventilation support
- NeoPacer: now also pacing the ventilation with sound
Life Support – for Android:
DOWNLOAD APP HERE >