The Tap4Life team do research on their products to assess the quality of the products and the feasibility. We publish our results in peer-reviewed academic journals.
Click link on “How to use NeoTapLS-Life Support” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqbudDwY2Qk
Our team has evalutated NeoTapLS (life support) in one manikin-study in Sweden and one clinical study at Mulago Referral Hospital in Kampala, Uganda. Abstracts have been presented at many conferences both in Europe, Africa and the United States.
Our second article on NeoTapLS is published in the medical journal BMJ Paediatrics Open https://bmjpaedsopen.bmj.com/content/4/1/e000688. See link for full article Open Access.
NeoTapLS is mentioned as one possible way to assess heart rates in neonates in a review from October 2019 reference 3 below, doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2019.07.018.
- Myrnerts Hook S, Pejovic NJ, Cavallin F, Lubulwa C, Byamugisha J, Nankunda J, Tylleskär T, Alfvén T. Smartphone app for neonatal heart rate assessment– an observational study. Doi:10.1136/bmjpo-2020-000688. BMJ Paediatrics Open 2020.
- Myrnerts Hook S, Pejovic NJ, Marrone G, Tylleskar T, Alfven T. Accurate and fast neonatal heart rate assessment with a smartphone-based application – A manikin study.doi: 10.1111/apa.14350. Acta Paediatr 2018.
Three other teams have also evaluated NeoTap, se links to articles below:
- Binotti M, Cavallin F, Ingrassia PL, et al. Heart rate assessment using NeoTapAdvancedSupport: a simulation study. doi: 10.1136/archdischild-2018-315408 Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2018.
- Cavallin F, Binotti M, Ingrassia PL, et al. Impact of a mobile application for heart rate assessment in simulated neonatal resuscitation: a randomised controlled cross-over study.doi: 10.1136/archdischild-2018-316757 Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2019.
- Johnson PA MN, Cheung PY, Lee TF, O´Reilly, Schmölzer GM. Novel technologies for heart rate assessment during neonatal resuscitation at birth – A systematic review. doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2019.07.018. Resuscitation. 2019 Oct;143:196-207.
- Johnson PA MN, Cheung PY, Lee TF, O´Reilly, Schmölzer GM. Comparison of the digital Stethoscope and NeoTapLS smartphone app to assess heart rate during asphyxia in a swine model of neonatal resuscitation. PAS 2019; 2019; Baltimore, USA.